To receive maintenance and outage notifications, users must be set as a Technical Contact. Full Admins (not Read-Only) can add new Technical Contacts, and may set their own account as an admin and technical contact.
Note: Contacts cannot log in to the portal, unless they are also set as a User. They are only set as the point of contact to receive notifications. They cannot make any changes to services or settings.
There are two types of PacketFabric Contacts:
- Admin: Receive notifications when a 3rd party requests a connection via the MarketPlace
- Technical: Receive any communications for maintenance / outage notifications
To add or update users as Technical Contacts:
1. Log in to the portal as a full admin at https://portal.packetfabric.com/auth/login.
2. In the upper-right corner, click the arrow to open the dropdown menu, then select Contacts:
3. Select Company contacts in the upper navbar:
The Company Contacts list appears.
4. In the list of users, either select the edit icon for an existing user, or Add Company Contact to add a new user.
The Add or Update Contact form appears.
5. Enter the user details, and at the bottom of the Contact panel, select the checkbox for Tech:
Note: You can check both the Admin and Tech checkboxes to enable a user with both privileges.
6. Select Create User or Update User.
A confirmation appears in the upper-right:
Once set as a Technical contact, that user will receive any future notifications regarding maintenance and outages via the email address set in their profile.
For detailed help, see: Maintenance Notifications