To receive maintenance and outage notifications, users must be set as a Technical Contact. Full Admins (not Read-Only) can add new Technical Contacts, and may set their own account as an admin and technical contact.
Note: Contacts cannot log in to the portal, unless they are also set as a User. They are only set as the point of contact to receive notifications. They cannot make any changes to services or settings.
There are two types of PacketFabric Contacts:
- Admin: Receive notifications when a 3rd party requests a connection via the MarketPlace
- Technical: Receive any communications for maintenance / outage notifications
To add or update users as Technical Contacts:
1. Log in to the portal as a full admin at https://portal.packetfabric.com/auth/login.
2. In the upper navbar, select ADMIN:
3. Under Account in the left panel, select COMPANY CONTACTS:
The Company Contacts list appears.
4. In the list of users, either select EDIT for an existing user, or the + icon to add a new user.
5. At the bottom of the Contact panel, select the checkbox for Technical:
Note: You can check both the Admin and Technical checkboxes to enable a user with both privileges.
6. Select ADD CONTACT or UPDATE CONTACT.
7. Select Close on the confirmation message appearing in the upper-right:
Once set as a Technical contact, that user will receive any future notifications regarding maintenance and outages via the email address set in their profile.